Dienstag, 5. Mai 2009

Bringing the laptops online

I have a wi-fi router at home. Here is how i set up networking for the laptops:
First, i checked the mac addresses, using the Terminal activity and the command
$ /sbin/ifconfig

I configured the router to supply a static IP address for each laptop. Things worked like a charm, almost. I could ping the laptops from my desktop PC. The laptops could see each other in Network view. I tried to share some activities (Chat, Write), and the invitations showed up as expected, but...
the activities were not shared.

It turned out that I had to configure the router to allow network traffic between WLAN clients. On my router, a Zyxel P-334WT, this option is called "Enable Intra-BSS Traffic". On to more exciting stuff...

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen